During World Creativity and Innovation Week April 15 – 21 people are acknowledged, informed, inspired and encouraged to use their creativity – to be open to and generate new ideas, to be open to and make new decisions and to be open to and take new actions – that make the world a better place and to make their place in the world better too.
WCIW is a do-ocracy, a DIY (do it yourself) celebration. It’s something you create it for your home, your school, your community, your business, your customers.
Scan the website to stimulate your thinking for new ideas, new decisions and new actions you can start this week, in harmony with so many others all over the world.
Since 2001 WCIW has grown to be observed in over 50 countries by businesses, communities, associations, schools and families.
Imagine what you and others might do to create new ideas, make new decisions and take new actions that make the world a better place and make your place in the world better too.
What’s Good About World Creativity and Innovation Week April 15-21?
- Totally inclusive: WCIW is for everyone to use new ideas, make new decisions and take new actions.
- WCIW is a designated time to remember you and others can create new ideas, make new decisions and take new actions; to remember too, that creativity is natural to humans; WCIW is a time to celebrate creativity and innovation as ways to make positive differences.
- Opportunity to do something differently, to find new solutions, to open new pathways to the future, to see the past and the present in new ways, to connect to new people, tell new stories, understand how creativity works, make plans to create something new.
- Injects fresh thinking into your day-do-day for a week.
- Gives you a reason to dream of a better world, business, school, community, household and to do something large or small to make it a reality.
- World Creativity and Innovation Week April 15-21 connects people all over the world to express their passions and use their gifts to make the world a better place and to make their place in the world better too.
- Opens the door for many new possibilities and potentials for new conversations, connections, stories, collaboration and community.
A message from the founder
….World Creativity and Innovation Week April 15-21. Going the next level
Since its birth in Canada in 2001, World Creativity and Innovation Week April 15-21 (WCIW Global) has grown to be celebrated in over 100 communities, schools, businesses and homes in 50+ countries.
What to people do?
The American University, NASA, Pfizer, Johnson and Johnson, and Disney, for example, leverage the week to highlight how to use creativity and creative thinking for innovation.
Students get involved in projects that support their autonomy and creative choice.
Friends share events that are totally new to them – like a potluck with dishes they’ve never made before.
World Creativity and Innovation Week is free. It’s where you are. It’s grassroots.
Imagine everyone on the planet during the same time each year, exercising their creativity ‘muscles’ and unleashing their creative potential.
Creativity is in you, you can use it, do good, go!
Marci Segal, MS, Founder, World Creativity and Innovation Week April 15-21 Global